We at Pope John XXIII Middle School understand the need for extended after school care and are pleased to be able to provide after care services for your family.The goal of our After Care Program is to provide care for children in the Middle School in a safe, friendly and faith-filled environment.
The hours for After Care are from school dismissal until 5:30 p.m. The After Care schedule provides time for children to participate in a variety of activities. In a typical day, the children have a snack; do their homework; participate in some type of physical activity; and play board games. Weather permitting, students will spend time outdoors.
In order to make each child’s experience a pleasant one, we kindly ask that you follow the guidelines mentioned below and review them with your child.
- For their safety and the safety of others, there are rules in place that the children must follow. (Please note that if a child does not adhere to the rules and the Coordinator needs to speak to the parents more than twice, we have the right to ask that the child not return).
- If your child becomes ill or has a fever, you will be contacted and asked to pick him or her up immediately.
- After Care services are provided until 5:30 p.m. each day. Every child must be picked up by this time. In the case of an emergency in which you will be unavoidably late, it is necessary that you call the Coordinator to alert her.
- The safety of each child is our first priority. As such, at pick-up time we require a parent or guardian to come to Room 7 to sign their child out each day. If someone other than parent or guardian is picking up your child, a note is needed.
While there is no registration fee, parents still need to complete the registration form if they plan to use the After Care services at any time during the school year. This includes using the “drop in” services.
- The daily fee is $20 per day. This includes a “drop in.”
- If you know the days that you will need coverage, please let us know so our After Care coordinator knows the number of students she may expect. If there is an emergency or a bus issue, no prior notice is needed.
- There will be a $1 charge for every minute late after 5:30 p.m. The Business Office will add this fee at the end of the month.
- The Business Office bills at the end of each month.